The Diversity Game can be played by up to 12 players. Each player assumes the identity of someone from a different faith section of society and so experiences how that person might feel in daily dealings with fellow members of an ill informed world. It provides opportunities for discussion of cultural and spiritual issues; and to consider ethical dilemmas.
It is very suitable for the teaching and training of almost all sections of our society; from primary school children to professionals working for the statutory bodies concerned with the welfare and care of our multi-faith and multi-cultural community.
1. To play this online version of the game, start by identifying the 12 faith symbols around the board. Click on the ‘?’ to find and check your answers.
2. When all the symbols have been labelled, click on any label to display a thumbnail description of that faith together with a grid of numbers.
3. Now click on the ‘Get your Challenge’ button. This will generate two numbers; Option an Challenge.
4. Click on the appropriate number to reveal your Challenge and discuss your answer with your fellow players.
5. When discussion is concluded, the next player repeats the process starting from 3.
6. To reset the game, click on ‘The Diversity Game’ link on the yellow centre top box.
The Game Diversity© was devised and developed in consultation with members and friends of Suffolk Inter-Faith Resource. It is a non-competitive game which enables its players to learn basic information about the faiths now being practised in this country. In addition, it encourages them to look at the appropriateness of statutory systems and processes and to consider the significance of personal encounters within our diverse and fragmented society.
The original Diversity Game© came in a stout A4 sized box with a folding A3 sized playing board. There are still some sets of the Diversity Game© available. The game costs £25.00 including postage and packaging and is available from:
The East of England
Faiths Agency CIC.
The Multi-Faith Centre, 47 St Helen’s Street,
Ipswich. Suffolk. IP4 2JL
or Phone 01394 448260
The game Diversity and its component ideas are copyright to Suffolk Inter-Faith Resource. SIFRE ©1999